21 January 2015

JnMBS first year anniversary + Sinbad's Adventure 03

Timer - JnM
TL - natsukage
Editing - JnM
QC - JnM (I actually quality checked this time I swear)
I think they changed it from having 3 episodes to more... not sure.

Sinbad 3 Torrent | DDL


JnM - It's been a long year. We've had quite a bunch of releases but most of them haven't gone so smoothly. This group was initially supposed to be just me (hence the name) doing Sugar Soldier and Romantica Clock. My first release was hardsubbed; made using Sony Vegas lol. A 200MB 3 minute episode.


Our best release was probably Tamako Love Story. I did QC but I didn't do it carefully enough so there are still a handful of errors, but everything else was there. TS, TLC, you name it. By numbers, highest downloaded was Sinbad no Bouken (yay you finally get the third episode).


We tried to get a slice of the currently airing anime pie by doing Isshuukan Friends. Did not work at all. I don't even know who the 700 people that downloaded my releases were, but I stopped caring after the first episode this was basically typesetting practice. I speed subbed Koufuku Graffiti 01 just for those that couldn't wait. There was no quality in that release at all.

Most of my improvement probably happened in typesetting because there's just so much room to improve. One area I still need to massively improve on is actually checking the quality of my releases... Almost all of my releases have little to no QC and it's evident with the rampant errors that come from the editing stage.

I'd like to thank everyone on my team for all the help I've gotten so far. I'm also thankful for all the downloads we've gotten, and even all the criticism we've received. This year I'll try to be not so bad!

9 comments:

  1. Congratz on your first year of subbing! Looking forward to your future releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gratz on first year, now do my zorro and add me on steam -.-'' even if i barely go there xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you guys will still be around to sub some more episodes that haven't got any attention from any subbing group.
    just a little advice for you guys: don't waste your time in subbing a series that will later get a load of attention, just like Koufuku Graffiti for example.
    there is so much OVAs and Specials that didn't get much care so hopefully you guys will give it justice.
    BTW, I left a comment for you in the Request section.
    I already asked a subbing group to do it but my request haven't got any attention from them so I hope you guys would do it.
    at lease a replay from you regarding that matter will be enough for me. ^_^
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to Sinbad No Bouken 04?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey the raws are out:
    https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=723813&showcomments=22237b03 (Episode 4)
    https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=715404&showcomments=e9b7ed0d (Episode 5)

    Someone already subbed episode 4, so after you watch that can you please sub episode 5 when you have the time? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Subs for ep 05 just came out. Are you going to drop it too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Assuming you're the same who wanted to have all episodes from one sub group, I can TRY to sub the last two episodes but I can't promise anything. I'm just way too busy these days and doing episodes by myself take around 5-12 hours

      Delete
    2. Hi. Assuming you're the same who wanted to have all episodes from one sub group, I can TRY to sub the last two episodes but I can't promise anything. I'm just way too busy these days and doing episodes by myself take around 5-12 hours

      Delete